Apply for parking bay suspensions

Before you apply

This application takes about 20 minutes.

You must submit your application at least 10 days before the works begin so we can order and make up suspended bay signs for the public.

If your works are on the highway, you'll need a street works permit before you apply. 

If you need to close a road to complete your works, you'll need a temporary traffic regulation order (TTRO)

If you have any questions about street works permits, email

What you need to apply

To complete our online application, you'll need:

  • a street works permit (if you're carrying out works on the highway)
  • a TTRO (if you need to close a road for your works)
  • public liability insurance with at least £5 million cover
  • a copy of your public liability insurance certificate
  • a highlighted map or Google Maps image of the area
  • payment details for the fee of £33 per bay, per day
  • the number of bays you need suspending
  • the location of the suspension.

Unclear images of maps may cause delays in your application and add costs.

You will not be charged before your application is approved.

You can pay with credit or debit card or give us a purchase order (PO) number.

A PO payment must be approved by us.

After you've applied

Once you have completed your application, you'll get a confirmation email that your application has been received.

We'll review your application within 5 working days.

If your application is successful, you must:

  • let all affected properties know about the temporary suspension
  • provide barriers.

We'll send you a dispensation for your work vehicle which must always be displayed.

If we need more information, we'll contact you using the details you gave us. 

Work cannot start until your application has been approved.

If you've any questions, email us at

Apply for parking bay suspensions online