Registering if you have no fixed address

When registering to vote a person must give their home address.

However, if you don’t have a fixed address, for example if you are homeless, you are still able to vote through ‘a declaration of local connection'.

If you do not have a permanent home then you can register at an address where you spend a substantial part of your time, whether during the day or night. This could be a shelter or any place where you sleep or spend a large part of your day.

For more information on how to vote without a fixed address and to download an application form, please visit

Request a declaration of local connection form