Report adult abuse

If someone is in immediate danger, contact the emergency services on 999. If someone is not in immediate danger but you need help fast, contact the police on 101.

Report an abuse concern

To report an abuse concern, you can either phone us or complete our online form. When you report abuse or neglect by phone, you'll speak to a social care professional.

You can phone us on:

  • 01634 334 466: daytime hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
  • 03000 419 191: emergency out of hours.

Professionals should complete the online concern form.

Report an adult safeguarding concern 

Make a complaint

If you have a complaint about the adult social care service or the quality of a service we have provided, follow the adult social care complaints process.

Make a professional referral to adult social care

Find out how to make a professional referral to adult social care. Use this process for non-safeguarding issues.

People in Position of Trust (PiPOT) guidance

Kent County Council Adult Social Care and Medway Council’s Adult Services are no longer be accepting Adult Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) referrals.

Instead, all Kent and Medway Safeguarding Adults Board (KMSAB) partner agencies must have their own policy and procedures in place for responding to concerns against any person who works with adults in positions of trust (in either paid or unpaid capacity) in line with the Care Act. This also applies to all organisations commissioned to provide services by them. If a person who is not connected to an organisation has a concern, they should contact the local authority for safeguarding advice.

To support this change, KMSAB has produced a policy document Managing Concerns around People in Positions of Trust. The Board's main Policy, Procedures and Guidance document has also been updated. You should share this with relevant people in your organisation.