Adoption gives a child in care a chance to permanently become part of a new family that offers them a stable and loving home.
Medway Adoption service is now part of the new regional adoption agency Adoption Partnership South East. A government mandate stated that all local councils, must join a regional adoption agency by 2020.
The partnership will provide prospective adopters across the south east access to a larger number of children. This will help to find the right match of loving families and children from a wide range of profiles quicker than ever.
If you're thinking about adopting and want to know more about adoption and the process you can:
- contact us for an informal chat: Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm
- visit the new Adoption Partnership South East website.
Contact us on 03000 422 373 or email us on email@example.com.
Adoption Partnership South East brings together knowledge and expertise from local councils such as:
- Medway Council
- London Borough of Bexley
- Kent County Council.
Types of adoption
There are different types of adoption that can take place, such as:
- adopting a stepchild/children
- children in care, including siblings
- early permanence/foster to adopt
- adopting a child, or children, from overseas.
To find out more, visit the Adoption Partnership South East website.