Request Early Help support (including family solutions)
Early Help is everyone's responsibility. Early Help intervention can be led by any practitioner working with the family.
Family Solutions is Medway Council's offer of early help.
Use our online form to request a family solutions intervention for a family in need.
To complete the form, you must tell us:
- if an early help assessment has been done. If you tell us an early help assessment has been done, you must upload a copy
- if the family understand how the information you give will be used
- what your concerns are about the child, what’s going well for them and what’s changed to prompt your contact
- about the capacity of the parents or other family members to meet the child’s needs
- what support has already been provided and what that has achieved.
It would be helpful to also provide:
- the child’s details, primary carer and family details
- an alternative contact if you’re not available
- the child’s drawings, body maps or any other supporting documentation
- an indication of the type of help that’s needed.
For security, the form will ask you to start again after 30 minutes of inactivity.
You may want to have important documents and details to hand before you start to complete the form.
If you make an error when you fill in the forms, or you need to change any of the details you’ve given us, please phone us on 01634 334 466.
What happens next
Your request will be received by the First Response Service, which includes the following teams:
- the Single Point of Access (SPA) Team
- the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).
They will review the information you have provided, then decide what intervention is needed.
You will receive a copy of your request to the secure email address you provide when completing the form.
You will receive a letter with the outcome of our decision within 5 working days.