If the child is in immediate danger
In an emergency phone 999.
If you think the child is at immediate risk of harm phone us straightaway:
- Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm on 01634 334 466
- out of hours on 03000 419 191.
When to refer a child to Medway's children's services
Read our threshold guidance to find out when to refer a child to children’s services in Medway.
Request early help, parenting support or report your concerns about a child
Use our online forms to:
- report your concerns about a child or young person who may need help
- request support for a child with disabilities
- request intensive early help intervention for a family in need (also known as family solutions)
- refer a parent or parents for a parenting support programme.
How to request early help support (including family solutions) online.
How to report a child safeguarding concern online.
How to request support for a child with disabilities online.
How to complete a parenting support programme referral.
What happens next
Your contact will be received by the First Response Service, which includes the following teams:
- the Single Point of Access (SPA) Team
- the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).
They will review your contact, then decide what intervention is needed.
You will receive a copy of your contact to the secure email address you provide when completing the form.
Professionals will receive a letter with the outcome of our decision within 5 working days.
Keeping children safe
Our Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) is responsible for agreeing how organisations will work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in Medway.
Find out more on the Medway Safeguarding Children Partnership website.
Read guidance on working to safeguard children on GOV.UK.
To find out about adults safeguarding and how to report a concern, visit our Adult abuse and safeguarding page.
To find out more about Early Help, visit the Medway Safeguarding Children Partnership (MSCP) website.