If you are worried about a child or young person and think they might need help, you can contact us and talk through your worries.

How to report child abuse

You can contact us at any time to report child abuse. In an emergency phone 999.

You can phone:

  • Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm on 01634 334 466.
  • Out of hours on 03000 419 191

Get further advice from Childline’s website

Medway's First Response service

If you have concerns about a child you can contact First Response.

You can report any safeguarding concerns about a child or young person as a member of the public or a professional using our online form. Once the form has been submitted, it will be reviewed and assessed and action will be taken.

Read our First Response press release for more information about the service

You can also report a child safeguarding concern online. 

NOTE: On clicking the link below, you can report anonymously by selecting 'Guest' at the bottom of the login screen.  

Report a child safeguarding concern online

Keeping children safe

Our Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) is responsible for agreeing how organisations will work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in Medway.

Find out more on the Medway Safeguarding Children Board website

Read guidance on working to safeguard children on GOV.UK