On 11 September 2023, Ofsted published the findings of their inspection of our Children’s Services, carried out in July 2023. They graded the service as ‘good' overall.
The service has been on a significant improvement journey.
Following a final Ofsted inspection in July 2023, inspectors concluded that the services provided for children and families in Medway had ‘substantially improved’ since the inspection in 2019 and that ‘children matter in Medway’.
View the Ofsted report.
Our continuous improvement
We are relentlessly improving our services to children and families in Medway. Our service improvement plans help to support this and make sure we remain proactive in responding to the challenges we face.
We regularly review progress against our priorities to make sure they are having a positive impact for children and families.
Our priorities for the coming year are:
- to build on our practice improvements
- to focus on recruitment and retention of a stable workforce
- to recruit more permanent social workers to work in Medway
- to recruit more foster carers to look after those children who cannot stay with their family
- work with other care providers to increase choice of placements more local to Medway
- to work closely with our partners to strengthen safeguarding and support to Medway’s children and families.