The Brook Theatre
Coronavirus (COVID-19): cancellations and postponements
The Brook Theatre Box Office re-opened on 20 July. Monday to Friday
From Saturday 8 August, you must wear a face covering in many of our venues. This includes The Brook Theatre. Find out more about face coverings.
Find out more about refunds and postponements.
About the Brook Theatre
The Brook Theatre is a hub for new and existing talent in all areas of the arts including contemporary theatre, dance, music and entertainment. The theatre is also focused on children’s theatre and hosts a mixed programme of professional and community theatre productions.
Address: Brook Theatre, 5 The Brook, Chatham, ME4 4SE
Capacity: 400 seats
To hire the theatre facilities as a local business or organisation please contact 01634 338 300.
Facilities for disabled people
The main entrance is approached by steps with handrails on both sides. There are also automatic doors at the top of the stairs and an electric platform lift for wheelchairs and pushchairs. There is another entrance on Whiffens Avenue which has a ramp entrance but does not have an automatic door.
The ground floor has wheelchair access to the conference room, box office, café, gallery and the toilet for disabled people. There’s also a lift on the ground floor foyer which gives further access to the main theatre, the studio theatre and the theatre bar on the second floor.
There are four wheelchair spaces per performance are available in the main theatre and one wheelchair space per performance in the studio theatre.
Disabled facilities include:
- low range, portable loop systems available by arrangement with the Duty Manager
- voice amplification systems at the box office
- high contrast, tactile signs throughout the theatre
- four wheelchair spaces per performance are available in the Main Theatre and one is available in the Studio Theatre
- Sign language interpretation – you can find out what certain shows will be sign language interpreted in the theatre brochures
- Strobe lighting - warning notices advising of the use of stroboscopic lighting effects are displayed in the entrance foyer on the day of the performance
- Large print – theatre brochures are both available, on request, in large print.
Assisted access scheme
Bookings for wheelchair users cannot be made online. If you would like to book tickets for a wheelchair user, please contact the box office and staff will contact you during normal office hours. Find out more about the assisted access scheme.