Our Employ Medway advice centre can be found in Chatham High Street and provides employment advice and support to people who are referred by Jobcentre Plus.
Employment advice includes:
- CV writing, IT skills and interview techniques
- training and qualification opportunities
- Signposting to support services
- help to develop new career paths
- starting up a new business
The centre is open:
- Monday to Thursday from 9am to 4.30pm
- Fridays from 9am to 4pm
The centre is closed for lunch from 1pm to 1.30pm.
The centre hosts National Careers Service sessions for anyone (not just those referred by Jobcentre Plus). These sessions can help you choose and plan your career as well as find and apply for jobs.
For further details see visit the National Careers Service website
The centre provides free computer access every Friday afternoon for anyone who'd like to use them for job searches. You don't need to book in advance, just drop in.
The centre also provides employers with:
- free support in recruiting qualified local people
- opportunities to advertise vacancies
- free room hire in the Employ Medway Centre to interview candidates