Benefits of working for Medway Council
Working at Medway Council means that you’ll be working alongside talented, professional colleagues to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
We are always looking for talented and enthusiastic people to help deliver the best possible services to over half a million residents. Alongside a generous benefits package, we offer our staff ongoing training to help them achieve their career goals.
Our benefits package includes:
- generous annual leave entitlement
- local government pension scheme package
- access to wider training and development qualifications
- flexible working scheme
- travel plan discounts
- childcare voucher scheme
- access to CAREFIRST advice and counselling service
- employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- assisted car purchase scheme
Medway is the largest conurbation between London and continental Europe. This, together with its comprehensive transport links makes it a gateway to the capital, the county of Kent and the continent.
Served by the M2, and 20 minutes to the M20 and M25 motorways
35 minutes to London on the High Speed 1 (HS1)
An hour from London’s Gatwick and Stansted airports, and just over an hour from London Heathrow.
40 minutes to the Channel ports, including the UK’s largest passenger port at Dover.