Under the street works permit scheme any individual or organisation that wants to carry out works on the highway must apply for a permit.
We have the power to grant or refuse a permit, and decide how and when the works are carried out.
The permits ensure that we have effective control of roadworks. They also help us to:
- ensure all works are planned to minimise disruption
- improve journey times for all our road users
- reduce congestion caused by roadworks
- improve the information available on works, such as advanced warning and duration times
- improve safety for those carrying out works
- reduce damage caused to the road.
How to apply for a permit
For more information on the Medway permit scheme, including how to apply, download our Medway Permit Scheme document.
Contact our Streetworks team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background to the scheme
We introduced the street works permit scheme in January 2017.
For background information on the permit scheme, download our Street works permit scheme overview.