Under the street works permit scheme any individual or organisation that wants to carry out works on the highway must apply for a permit. We have the power to grant or refuse a permit, and decide how and when the works are carried out.
The permits ensure that we have effective control of roadworks. They also help us to:
- ensure all works are planned to minimise disruption
- improve journey times for all our road users
- reduce congestion caused by roadworks
- improve the information available on works, such as advanced warning and duration times
- improve safety for those carrying out works
- reduce damage caused to the road
How to apply for a permit
For more information on the Medway permit scheme, including how to apply, download Medway Permit Scheme 2017.
Contact our Streetworks team by email: email@example.com
Background to the scheme
Medway Council introduced the street works permit scheme in January 2017. For background information on the permit scheme download Street works permit scheme overview.