I really enjoy helping people and it’s great to see people doing well with their quit smoking plan – you can see in their faces that it’s given them a whole new lease of life!
- George, Programme Manager
There is plenty of free support and advice in Medway to help you stop smoking for good
Smoking is the leading preventable cause of premature death, causing almost 75,000 deaths a year.
But it is never too late to quit. Stopping smoking brings immediate benefits to health, including for people with an existing smoking-related disease.
The average smoker can save £5.21 a day, £36.47 a week, £156.30 a month and £1,875.60 a year by stopping smoking.
Explore the options below and start your smoke-free journey today!
Our friendly trained advisers will work with you to develop a tailored quit smoking plan. You can choose from:
- one-to-one support (phone, face-to-face or over video link)
- using our online text to quit messaging service: get support, tips and even vouchers for prescriptions to your phone.
- texting 'QUIT' to 81025 from your mobile phone.
Face-to-face appointments are available at our 3 stop smoking centres across Medway:
- Stop Smoking Advice Centre, Chatham
- Balmoral Gardens Healthy Living Centre, Gillingham
- Strood Community Hall, Strood.
To meet with one of our friendly trained advisers please sign up using the options below:
- phone: 01634 334 800 or 0800 234 6805, during office hours.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our stop smoking centres
Stop Smoking Advice Centre, Chatham
2 to 2a Railway Street, Chatham, ME4 4JL.
Normal opening hours
- Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Saturday: 9.30am to 12.30pm.
Balmoral Gardens Healthy Living Centre, Gillingham
Balmoral Gardens Healthy Living Centre, Balmoral Gardens, Gillingham, ME7 4PN.
Open Wednesday, 5.30pm to 6.30pm.
Strood Community Hall, Strood
Strood Community Hall, 32 Bryant Road, Strood, ME2 3EP.
Open Monday, 5.30pm to 6.30pm.