I really enjoy helping people and it’s great to see people doing well with their quit smoking plan – you can see in their faces that it’s given them a whole new lease of life!
- George, Programme Manager
There is plenty of free support and advice in Medway to help you stop smoking for good
Smoking is the leading preventable cause of premature death, causing almost 75,000 deaths a year.
But it is never too late to quit. Stopping smoking brings immediate benefits to health, including for people with an existing smoking-related disease.
The average smoker can save £5.21 a day, £36.47 a week, £156.30 a month and £1,875.60 a year by stopping smoking.
Explore the options below and start your smoke-free journey today!
Our friendly team of trained advisers offer:
- weekly one-to-one support to strengthen your motivation and
help you stay on track (phone or face-to-face)
- access to nicotine replacement therapy including skin patches,
gum, inhalators, lozenges and mouth spray
- an online text to quit messaging service where you can get support, tips and
even vouchers for prescriptions to your phone
- a free Vape Starter Kit including 10 liquids, worth £45.99 (only available to residents aged 18 and over).
Face-to-face appointments are available at our 3 stop smoking centres across Medway:
- Stop Smoking Advice Centre, Chatham
- Balmoral Gardens Healthy Living Centre, Gillingham
- Strood Community Hall, Strood.
Get in touch
To meet with one of our friendly trained advisers please sign up using the options below:
- text 'QUIT' to 81025 from your mobile phone
- phone: 01634 334 800 or 0800 234 6805, during office hours
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our stop smoking centres
Stop Smoking Advice Centre, Chatham
2 to 2a Railway Street, Chatham, ME4 4JL.
Normal opening hours
- Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Saturday: 9.30am to 12.30pm.
Balmoral Gardens Healthy Living Centre, Gillingham
Balmoral Gardens Healthy Living Centre, Balmoral Gardens, Gillingham, ME7 4PN.
Open Wednesday, 5.30pm to 6.30pm.
Strood Community Hall, Strood
Strood Community Hall, 32 Bryant Road, Strood, ME2 3EP.
Open Monday, 5.30pm to 6.30pm.
Terms and conditions
A free vape starter kit is only available to adults aged 18 and over who have signed up to the 8 week Medway Stop Smoking Programme.
Vapes are redeemable using an online voucher, no vapes are kept at the Stop Smoking Advice Centre.