Drill Hall Library, Universities at Medway. Image credit University of Kent
Working with universities
For our Climate Change Action Plan, it's essential that we have fully costed projects ready for when funding opportunities arise.
We value the expertise that universities offer and intend to partner with them to research and achieve the targets set out in our action plan. We're keen to hear project ideas from universities and are open to discussing how Medway Council can take part in, or support, these projects.
We want to hear from you
If you have a climate change project proposal for Medway Council, or you need a council to partner to receive funding get in touch. To set up a meeting to discuss these opportunities email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have already undertaken ground-breaking research, we want to know so that we can showcase the knowledge that Medway has to offer during this climate emergency. Email us to let us know what research you’ve been working on at email@example.com.
Sustainability at Medway universities
We have 3 universities sharing our campus in Medway. Find out how they are responding to climate change:
- University of Greenwich sustainability
- University of Kent sustainability
- Canterbury Christ Church University sustainability.
Students living in Medway: what you can do
Want to get involved in climate action in Medway? Below are some ideas of what you can be doing:
- look at your university's sustainability page above to see what your university is doing and how you could support
- speak to your student union about your concerns and ask for action on climate change
- learn how Medway’s waste and recycling is different to your home council's in our A to Z of recycling
- keep up to date about what’s happening in Medway for climate change
- volunteer your time in one of our greenspaces
- organise a litter pick on your campus
- tell us what you’re up to and inspire other students, email firstname.lastname@example.org.