We will only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for business purposes or if we are required to keep it by law.
You can ask to see what data we hold about you and ask to be sent a copy. This is called a Subject Access Request (SAR). To submit a subject access request please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A SAR is free of charge unless there is a lot of work or a lot of photocopying and postage, which we are allowed to charge a reasonable fee for.
You can also ask us to:
- correct your data if you think it is wrong;
- stop using your data if you think we no longer should be using it
- stop using your data if you think it is wrong, until it’s put right
- ask that no automated processing (‘Computer says no!’) takes place with your data
- ask for any automated portable electronic data file we hold on you to be sent to another organisation; or
- consider any complaint you have about how we have used your data
Requests for information or complaints
If you wish to ask us anything about data protection, want to ask for a copy of your data, or you have a complaint about how we have used or looked after your data, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Information Governance Team
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and data protection
In the current climate, requests for information are likely to be delayed. This may be because we’re:
- short of staff – they could have been deployed to critical services
- unable to access the data you requested - staff could be working from home as they are following government guidelines on social distancing
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) have more on coronavirus and your information rights.
We’ll continue to do our best to respond.
Thank you for your patience.
Information Commissioner’s Office
If you are ever unhappy with how the council has answered your complaint, you can then contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, at: