Go to navigation
Pitch up and Play - Drop in, have fun and try lots of
different sports in a park near you.
Parksport is back for 2017, bringing fun, informal sports to
parks and open spaces across Medway.
No booking, no commitment, no pressure and no equipment needed.
Just pitch up to play and let our parksport coaches look after the
The parksport programme includes weekly multi-sport
sessions throughout the summer as well as weekend ParkSport
Sports on offer will vary week to week but include archery tag,
NFL American football, pop-up tennis, parkour, softball, soccer and
Free Festival Saturdays 12pm-3pm
- Palmerston Road, Chatham: 29
- Luton Millennium Green: 13
May, 8 July
- Gillingham Park: 27 May, 24
- Broomhill Park, Strood: 10
June, 15 July
- Rochester Castle Gardens: 29
- Woodlands Youth Centre,
Gillingham: 11 August (Friday)
Free weekly sessions will be running at the
following sites this summer. Timings and details to be announced
shortly. To register your interest email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queen Elizabeth Fields, Gillingham
- Hillyfields Community Park, Gillingham
- Great Lines Heritage Park, Gillingham
- Rochester Castle Gardens
- Strood Sports Centre
- Broomhill Park, Strood
- Northcote Recreation Ground, Strood
- Palmerstone Road/Maidstone Road Recreation Ground, Chatham
The parksport programme is supported and subsidised by
Sport England's Community Sport Activation Fund.
The programme works in partnership with StreetGames
and doorstep clubs are run within Medway to encourage young people
to get involved in sport. It also features sessions liked to
Medway's Youth Centres and FE colleges.
For more information or to discuss bringing a session to your
local park or community group email email@example.com
or call 01634