Access for local charities
We offer qualifying charities, upon request, the option to dispose of domestic waste using the Capstone waste and recycling centre (HWRC).
To qualify a charity must:
- be a registered charity under the Charities Commission
- have a valid waste carriers’ licence or exemption from the Environment Agency
- operate within the Medway Council authority boundary and be disposing of waste generated within this boundary.
Read our HWRC charity shop usage policy for further information on usage and all eligibility criteria.
If, after reading the policy, you believe the criteria for HWRC charitable access is met, you can apply for access.
How to apply
You can apply using our online form.
To apply you will need to give the following details:
- charity name
- charity address
- charity contact details
- description of charitable activities
- description of waste generated
- charity registration number
- waste carriers’ licence or exemption number
- vehicle details including registration number.