If you're not happy with the school place your child has been offered you can ask for them to be added to the waiting list for any:
- Medway school named on your application
- other Medway school that was not named on your application
If you’re not a Medway resident your waiting lists will be subject to your local authority’s admission arrangements.
You will need to complete the waiting list request form (available after offer day) and return it to Medway Council's Admissions and Transport by Tuesday 31 March 2020.
Your child will not be automatically added to any waiting lists until we receive your completed form.
- waiting lists close on Thursday 31 December 2020
- we offer vacant places to children on the schools waiting lists from Monday 20 April 2020
- a child’s place on a waiting list is held in oversubscription order, not first come first served
- a child can only be placed on a waiting list for a Medway grammar school if they’ve been assessed as suitable for grammar in the Medway Test (11 plus)
If your child is offered a place from a waiting list
If your child is offered a place at a school from a waiting list, we will:
- automatically withdraw any other school place offer you hold so it can be offered to another child
- contact you before making an offer to see if you want the new school offer (if the offer is being made after the end of the school year)
- remove your child from any waiting list for schools named as a lower preference than the one offered, but your child can stay on the lists for schools named higher
If you want to remove your child from waiting lists
If you’re happy with a school offer and do not wish for your child to stay on waiting lists you must tell us by emailing email@example.com.
If you do not tell us you could lose your previous offer if you are offered a waiting list place from another school.