Council decisions are made by the Cabinet and decision-making committees, including the Full Council. There are also overview and scrutiny committees which discuss and review policies and decisions made by the council.
Find out more and browse meeting agendas and reports for each of Medway Council's committees.
You can also use our committee meetings app for the latest meeting papers.
Overview and scrutiny (O&S) committees
The role of Medway Council's Overview and Scrutiny Committees is to:
- discuss and make recommendations on the development of council policies and the budget
- hold the Leader of the council and the Cabinet to account for their actions
- play a key role in considering matters of local concern
- undertake service reviews
- scrutinise the work of other agencies, including the health trusts serving Medway.
There are four Overview and Scrutiny Committees covering different service areas of the council:
- Business Support
- Children and Young People
- Health and Adult Social Care
- Regeneration, Culture and Environment