You will need a permit to collect money or sell articles for charitable purposes in a public place and it is an offence to hold a collection without one.

There are two types of permits:

  • House-to-house: A house-to-house Collection is required for door-to-door collections, as well as collections in public houses (this includes rose-sellers). Charities collecting clothes also require a licence
  • On the street: A street collection licence is required for collection of money or sale of articles for the benefit of charitable purposes in any street or public place.