You can submit a comment to us on planning applications in Medway online or in writing. We consult neighbours about planning applications and give people 21 days to comment on them.
To comment on an application:
- search for the application you want to comment on
- click ‘Make a Comment’
- enter your comment
- click ‘Submit’ or ‘Submit and Register’
Comment in writing
You can also comment by writing to the case officer who is referenced on the letter or by emailing email@example.com
What you can comment on
We can only consider comments that relate to planning matters.
- design and appearance (should be high quality, in keeping with the property and street)
- the effect on historic buildings, conservation areas and protected trees
- the nearby effect on homes nearby, like loss of light, outlook, privacy and noise
- any effect on vehicle, pedestrian or cycle safety
We can’t consider:
- any private agreements made that may affect properties
- Right to Light Act
- loss of property value
- spoiling your view
- works that cross the boundary to your property
- disturbance from building work
What happens to your comments
Your comments on an application, form part of a Statutory Register and we have a duty to make this information available for anyone to inspect.
The comments you provide, including your name and address, will be displayed on this website via Public Access but your signature, email address and phone number will be taken out.
If you want your name and address removed please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments will be treated as anonymous and less weight will be given to these in the decision making process.
What happens after you make a comment
We receive a large number of responses so it isn’t possible to respond personally to each letter.
All information you send to us in relation to a planning application is public information and will be available for public inspection on the internet.
Your representation will be considered by the planning officer dealing with the application as part of the decision making process. All comments received are summarised in the officer's report. If you have commented on the application we will let you know the decision.