If development is carried out without the required planning permission or without following the conditions given by the council this is a breach of planning control and can be enforced.
Before you report a planning breach
If you want to report a breach of planning control we suggest that you first:
- check if the development needs planning permission
- search for the planning application
- make a comment if an application has been made
If planning permission is needed, you can then check if a planning application has been submitted.
If there is a planning application submitted, we suggest you comment on the application with your complaint.
If there isn’t an application in place, you can report the planning breach.
How to report a breach
To report a breach, we need:
- the address of the breach
- type of breach such as erection of a building or structure, advertisement or change of use
- your name and address
- a detailed description of the breach