You can appeal a planning decision to Planning Inspectorate if your application is unsuccessful or a decision is not made within 8 weeks (13 weeks for major developments) and a new deadline has not been agreed.
You must appeal within 6 months of the date on your decision notice. Your appeal should be decided within 19 weeks.
To appeal, you’ll need:
- your original application
- the site ownership certificate
- the planning authority’s decision notice – or, without a decision, the letter acknowledging your application
- all plans, drawings and documents you sent to the local planning authority
- a map of the surrounding area
- any other documents that support your appeal such as a full statement of case
Advice on appealing a planning decision
You can find more advice on how to appeal a planning decision on GOV.UK: