Strood Waterfront project
Strood Waterfront project is an exciting development which focuses on the council-owned land at Strood Riverside and the former Civic Centre site.
Strood Waterfront Development Brief
The 2018 Strood Waterfront Development Brief has been adopted as a Supplementary Planning Document. This document has refreshed the 2006 Strood Riverside Development Brief and reflects changes including updates to national planning policy. The development brief had been amended following the public consultation in December 2017 to January 2018.
The key aims of the development brief include:
- delivering an ambitious vision for Strood’s regeneration as part of a wider urban development
- building on and updating the 2003 Local Plan for the site
- shaping the redevelopment of Strood Waterfront to ensure its long-term physical, economic, social and environmental regeneration
- establishing a clear set of land use and design guides for future regeneration of the site
- encouraging private sector investment.
You can read the Supplementary Planning Documents below:
- Strood Development Brief
- Appendix 1: Policy references
- Appendix 2: Illustrative Masterplan
- Appendix 3: Design and Access Statement
- Appendix 4: Transport Statement.
Flood mitigation measures
The flood defence measures will allow the redevelopment of the former Civic Centre and Strood Riverside sites.
The former Civic Centre was awarded £3.5 million funding from the Local Growth Fund for the flood defence works. These works will enable the redevelopment of the site, in line with the 2018 Strood Waterfront Development Brief.
For more information about the Strood Waterfront project, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The latest news regarding the project development will be added to this page (including latest timescales and milestones) soon.
Have your say
A consultation will take place in summer 2023.
We'll provide updates about the project and consultation on this page.
Responses to the Strood Waterfront consultation 2018
You can view the Strood Waterfront consultation report and responses to the consultation that took place in 2018.