Animal movement

The Department for Food Environment and Rural Affairs (Defra) requires Medway Council's Trading Standards Team to record the movement of farm animals on and off farms.

Farmers should notify Trading Standards in writing, with exact details of the type and number of animals that are to be moved.

People keeping farm animals as pets (for example, goats and pot-bellied pigs) must also provide this information.

View guidance and information on your obligations about animal movement records from GOV.UK.