Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
Our sports centres have welcomed back customers in line with the government’s roadmap out of lockdown.
You can attend:
- outdoor activities including outdoor fitness classes
- gym sessions
- pool sessions and swimming lessons
- sports halls for pre-booked and restricted activities.
You must pre-book all sessions.
Important information for parents and guardians
Due to the social distancing guidelines for swimming lessons, only one parent or guardian per child is allowed poolside.
Class sizes will remain reduced in line with distancing and safety requirements.
You will be asked to enter the water with your child as the teacher is teaching from the side only (up to Stage 2).
We are automatically applying any existing credit for swimming lessons owing from before lockdown to customer accounts for the new term of swimming lessons.
This is a 14 week term for learners:
- Monday 12 April 2021 to Sunday 30 May 2021 (seven weeks)
- Half term: Monday 31 May 2021 to Friday 4 June 2021
- Monday 7 June 2021 to Sunday 25 July 2021 (seven weeks).
We will be running crash course swimming lessons at Medway Park, Strood and Hoo Sports Centre during the May half term.
The crash course will run daily from Monday 31 May to Friday 4 June. The crash course will cost £35 for the week.
Timing at all sites:
- Stage 1 - 9.30am to 10am
- Stage 2 - 10am to 10.30am
To book a place for your child, call your chosen pool directly.
About our swimming lessons
All of Medway’s swimming pools offer swimming lessons as part of the Medway Sport Swim Academy Programme. The lessons are for different ages and abilities, including:
- parent and baby
- baby to pre-school
- pre-school - Ducklings (White Hats)
- beginners - Stages 1 and 2 (Yellow Hats)
- improver - Stages 3 and 4 ( Orange Hats)
- advanced - Stages 5 and 6 (Red Hats)
- Stroke, Stamina, Technique improvements
- Stages 7 and 8 (Blue Hats)
- Stage 9 (Green hats)
- Stage 10 (Purple hats)
Our swimming lessons:
- are given by fully qualified instructors who will guide pupils through the Swim England Learn to Swim programme
- are taught every day of the week during term time
- are held at Medway Park, Strood Sports Centre and Hoo Sports Centre
- offer the chance to gain distance awards
- let you achieve levels and awards that are nationally recognised
We also offer rookie lifeguard training for those seven years and older. For swimming lesson details and course availability, email us on email@example.com.
Swim England’s Learn to Swim Programme
Find out more information about the Learn to Swim Programme.