Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
Our sports centres are closed in line with government guidelines.
For more details on our services visit our coronavirus guidance.
The current swimming lesson programme has run for 7 of the planned 13-week term.
Lessons will resume on Thursday 3 December 2020 and run until Sunday 20 December 2020 for existing customers. The outstanding weeks of the current term will then be completed through January.
The winter term of swimming lessons is scheduled to begin in February 2021, with existing customers getting priority for re-enrolment. We anticipate this being a shorter term ending on Sunday 28 March 2021.
Spring term is scheduled to run from Monday 19 April 2021 to Sunday 18 July 2021 (excluding half term - 31 May 2021 to 6 June 2021).
About our swimming lessons
All of Medway’s swimming pools offer swimming lessons as part of the Medway Sport Swim Academy Programme. The lessons are for different ages and abilities, including:
- parent and baby
- baby to pre-school
- pre-school - Ducklings (White Hats)
- beginners - Stages 1 and 2 (Yellow Hats)
- improver - Stages 3 and 4 ( Orange Hats)
- advanced - Stages 5 and 6 (Red Hats)
- Stroke, Stamina, Technique improvements
- Stages 7 and 8 (Blue Hats)
- Stage 9 (Green hats)
- Stage 10 (Purple hats)
Our swimming lessons:
- are given by fully qualified instructors who will guide pupils through the Swim England Learn to Swim programme
- are taught every day of the week during term time
- are held at Medway Park, Strood Sports Centre and Hoo Sports Centre
- offer the chance to gain distance awards
- let you achieve levels and awards that are nationally recognised
We also offer rookie lifeguard training for those seven years and older. For swimming lesson details and course availability, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim England’s Learn to Swim Programme
Find out more information about the Learn to Swim Programme.