The fees and charges with effect from 1 April 2020.
Vehicle licence fees for Hackney Carriage and Private Hire
- Vehicle licence for one year: £142.50
Vehicle inspection fees
- Annual inspection - £78.85
- Annual inspection re-test (within 10 working days) - £39.42
- Annual inspection re-test (after 10 working days) - £72.85
- Interim inspection - £39.42
- Interim inspection re-test - £18.92
These are paid directly to one of our approved garages.
If a driver does not attend a vehicle inspection the test fee may be forfeited at the discretion of the garage.
Drivers Licence (valid for three years)
- Licence fee - £168
Licensing of Temporary Vehicle following accident, etc. for 2 months: £61
- Operator – up to 5 vehicles – 5 year (standard duration): £552
- Operator – over 5 vehicles – 5 year (standard duration): £1,100
- Operator – up to 5 vehicles – 1 year (only when justified on case by case basis - S10 Deregulation Act 2015): £185
- Operator – over 5 vehicles – 1 year (only when justified on case by case basis - S10 Deregulation Act 2015): £368
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Fee for Enhanced Check - £60
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
- Fee - £5
Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to DVLA.
- Fee - £67
Transfer of vehicle ownership
- Fee - £25
Re-issues and amendments
- Change of Ownership of Licenced Vehicle: £34
- Reissue of vehicle licence following change of name/address: £14.50
- Reissue of driver licence following change of name/address: £17.50
- Reissue of operator licence following change of name/address: £12.50
- Like for like copy of any paper part of licence only: £11.50
- Replacement plate: £20
All payments (unless otherwise stated) must be made by card by phoning us on 01634 337 108.