The following issues of anti-social behaviour are dealt with by the Police:
- youth nuisance or verbal abuse
- underage drinking
- nuisance drinking or alcohol control zones
- dangerous dogs - threat of being attacked
- domestic abuse or violence.
If a crime is in progress or risk to life dial 999, otherwise dial 101 which is Kent Police's non-emergency number.
What you can expect from the Community Safety (ASB) Team
Anti-social behaviour dealt with by the council
You can report any of the following anti-social behaviour to Medway Council:
- graffiti and vandalism
- dog fouling
- anti-social behaviour by council tenants.
Medway enforcement teams
There are uniformed teams in Medway who:
- deal with reports and complaints
- investigate incidents of environmental crime
- enforce the law
- prosecute those who break the law.
Officers have powers to deal with these problems and issue fines (otherwise known as fixed penalty notices) when, for example, a person is seen littering.