Introducing solids to babies
Following government advice we have decided to suspend our Little Explorers group until further notice.
We look forward to being able to
Introducing your baby to solid foods is sometimes called weaning, and should start when your baby is around 6 months old.
Before then breast milk or infant formula provides all the energy and nutrients your baby needs.
Little Food Explorers supports you as you introduce your baby to solid foods with delicious recipes and dishes you can try together.
Our fun and social groups are especially for the parents and carers of babies aged up to one year.
Groups run during term time, every 8 weeks at:
- Chatham Children and Family Hub
- Gun Lane Wellbeing Centre
- Saxon Way Wellbeing Centre
- Woodlands Children and Family Hub
- Wayfield Children and Family Hub
- Cuxton Library
- Riverside Wellbeing Centre
- Lordswood Wellbeing Centre
- Twydall Wellbeing Centre
- Deanwood Wellbeing Centre
- Hoo Wellbeing Centre
- Burnt Oak Outreach Centre
- Oaklands Wellbeing Centre
- Delce Wellbeing Centre
To book your place contact us on 01634 333 741 or email email@example.com.
You can find out more about when and how to wean your baby on the NHS website.
If you’d like to speak to someone about starting your baby on solids you can also get in touch with your Health Visitor or Children and Family Hub.