Formal stages of the Local Plan
Producing the new Local Plan involves a number of key stages:
- Issues and options (Regulation 18) completed in 2016
- Development options (Regulation 18) completed in 2017
- Development strategy Regulation 18) completed in 2018
- setting the direction for Medway 2040 (Regulation 18) - in progress
- Publication of the draft plan (Regulation 19)
- Submission for independent examination (Regulation 22)
- Adoption of the new Local Plan (Regulation 24.)
The timetable for these can be found in the local development scheme.
We're currently running the development alternatives consultation, setting the direction for Medway 2040.