Local Plan evidence base
We're preparing a new Local Plan, which will replace the 2003 Medway Local Plan.
This document will include:
- strategic policies including minerals and waste
- themes and development management policies
- a policies map showing designations including development locations.
The plan will cover the period up to 2040, considering the number of homes, jobs and supporting infrastructure. This includes infrastructure such as transport, health facilities, schools and parks that the area and its growing population needs over this time.
Areas and informing the new Local Plan
To inform the new Local Plan policies, a range of evidence has been compiled drawing from a variety of information sources. The sources have been grouped and linked into the following themes:
- retail and centres
- built environment
- health and community
- natural environment and green belt
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
- minerals, waste and energy
- waste needs assessment.