Partners for Growth (PFG) is a Medway Council scheme. It provides grants for small-to-medium enterprise (SME) businesses in Medway that are looking to take their growth to the next stage.
The scheme is available to Medway residents who are:
- thinking of setting up a business
- looking to further grow their businesses.
Our partners at the Kent and Medway Growth Hub offer free business advice and one-to-one-planning, and we offer eligible small businesses and start-ups grants of up to £1,000.
The scheme closes on Sunday 31 March 2024 or until the budget is spent.
The fund is limited, and grants will only be given to bids that demonstrate they will lead to growth rather than
To be eligible for the scheme, the business must:
- be in Medway
- be an SME
- be at least a part-time business working a minimum of 22 hours per week (the minimum 22 hours per week must be for the business you are applying for)
- provide an annual income turnover
- not owe any debts to us
- not have received a PFG grant in the last 10 years
- adhere to De Minimis State Aid.
To be eligible, the business must also have:
- an owner that resides in Medway
- a business bank account.
To apply for the scheme, you will need to use our online form.
You will need to tell us:
- your personal details, including name, address and contact information
- your business’ details, including name and address
- the business’ age and number of employees
- the business’ principal activities and the products and services provided
- your customer audience
- your plans for the grant and how this will help your business
- any legal and health and safety information, such as outstanding or ongoing disputes with us, licences, and insurance.
You will also need to provide:
- proof of a business bank account in the form of bank statements or a letter from a bank
- a profit and loss forecast for 2 years. You can download our profit and loss forecast template if you do not currently have one.
You should register for a Medway Council online account and sign in before filling in this form. This means you can save your progress, leave your application at any stage, and continue from where you left off when you return.
If you do not have an online account and leave this form for more than 30 minutes, your information will be cleared for security reasons. You will need to start the form again.
What happens after
We may contact you if you do not provide enough information in your application.
We will process your application within 45 days after submission and contact you with the outcome.