The Medway care leavers fund gives you the opportunity to make a difference to a young person's life as they move towards independence.
We are currently asking for donations to arrange an event to celebrate the achievements of care leavers and children in care. If you can make a donation to help make sure it's a fun event for young people to recognise their achievements, we would be grateful.
Support Medway care leavers
Moving into independence and settling into life as a young adult can be difficult. Even more so if you do not have the basics to make it slightly easier.
Care leavers can face loneliness and isolation. They can also experience stress, particularly around how to afford food on top of bills or simply how to afford having a coffee with friends.
Please support the work of the 16+ leaving care team to provide young people with:
- essential living items
- social opportunities
- other items we may take for granted.
How your donation will help
Your donation will help us to:
- buy gifts and essentials
- provide a care package when moving into accommodation
- arrange social activities
- make the Care Leavers Hub a warm, friendly and safe space to visit.
Make a donation
To make a donation you’ll need:
- a debit or credit card
- the cardholder’s details: name, email address and address.
Other ways you can help
You can donate gifts or non-perishable food items to support care leavers.
Some of the items you can donate include:
- tinned or longer life foods
- home decorations, such as photo frames and furniture items
- baby and child items for young parents.
You can drop-off your donations to The Care Leavers Hub, Strood Hub, Clifton Close, Rochester, ME2 2HG. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop-off.