Children and Family Hubs and wellbeing centres offer families with children places to meet new people. This ensures that all children get the best start in life and parents get the support and advice they need.
At our Children and Family Hubs we offer:
- drop-in sessions for parents and children with activities including baby groups, with self-weigh, and stay and play sessions
- antenatal classes and baby clinics
- links with local schools and voluntary agencies
- information and advice about breastfeeding, speech and language, parenting, health issues and all difficult experiences that families with babies and young children often face.
Children and Family Hubs in Medway
Our hubs are based across Medway. Find out more about the hubs and view details of sessions being run at each hub:
- Chatham Children and Family Hub - 01634 338 833
- Gillingham Children and Family Hub - 01634 338 877
- Strood Children and Family Hub - 01634 335 533
- Wayfield and Rainham Children and Family Hub - 01634 337 733.
Find out more about the Children and Family Hubs on the Medway Family Information Service website.
You must book in advance for all sessions
All baby groups and stay and play sessions will need to be booked each week. We are not able to book a spot for a course of sessions.
Book a session
To book a place you’ll need to:
- Sign in to your Medway Family Information Service account
- Register your family at the hub you want to attend sessions at
- Request a place on a session.
Sign in or create a Family Information Service account
If you're unable to attend, please cancel your booking so we can offer your space to another family. To cancel your booking visit Applications in your Medway Family Information Service account.
Health support at hubs
When your pregnancy is confirmed, you'll be given an appointment with a midwife.
Midwives provide antenatal and postnatal support including early bird and active birth sessions.
Contact the midwives office:
- Rainham and Gillingham: 01634 382 108
- Chatham: 01634 337 470
- Strood: 01634 717 755
- 24 hours: 01634 825 277
- Delivery suite: 01634 825 278
- Antenatal clinic: 01634 825 111.
Find out more about pregnancy on NHS.UK.
Health visitors work in the community. Their role is to improve the health and wellbeing of families and children in the first few years of life.
They may offer advice about health, immunisations, screening and reviews. This is to help parents prevent childhood illnesses.
Contact the Health Visiting Team
Health Visiting Team (MCH) general enquiries - 0300 123 3444
You can talk to a member of our team to see what support is available for your family. We can support you with parenting, getting a health visitor or midwife, child development and play. We can also help you find help from other services in the area.
We run bump to breastfeeding drop-ins with Medway Community Healthcare. Find out more on #BesideYou.
Our hubs are supported by 9 children and family wellbeing centres which are based in primary schools. There is also work being done in the community and in people’s own homes.
We are committed to:
- recruiting with care
- promoting the welfare of children and young people.
We expect all parents or carers, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As part of our safeguarding policy, please do not use your mobile phone during sessions. This includes:
- social media
- taking photos.
We work in partnership with Medway Adult Education to deliver our Little Chefs cookery groups:
- 6-week free cookery course held at various venues across Medway
- aimed at families with children aged 2 to 4 years
- sessions include recipes, craft activities and stories
- see the Little Chefs course dates.
To book phone 01634 333 741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incredible Years for Babies
- 11-week programme for parents and carers with babies under 6 months
- phone 01634 338 833 to book sessions or enquire about future sessions if you're pregnant.
Sessions are available at either Oaklands or Wayfield.
To book and for more information, phone:
- Oaklands: 01634 338 833
- Wayfield: 01634 337 733.
Deanwood Sensory Room
Our Sensory Room at Deanwood Wellbeing Centre is now open for bookings:
- location: Deanwood Wellbeing Centre, Long Catlis Road, Rainham, ME8 9TX
- phone 01634 231 901 to book.
For more fun
Visit the following Facebook pages for more interactive sessions: