Children and family hubs and wellbeing centres offer families with children places to meet new people. This ensures that all children get the best start in life and parents get the support and advice they need.
At our children and family hubs we offer:
- drop-in sessions for parents and children with activities including baby groups with self-weigh and stay and play sessions
- antenatal classes and baby clinics
- links with local schools and voluntary agencies
- information and advice about breastfeeding, speech and language, parenting, health issues and all difficult experiences that families with babies and young children often face
Our hubs are supported by 9 children and family wellbeing centres which are based in primary schools. There is also work being done in the community and in people’s own homes.
The centres will help us to meet our duties to reduce inequality by helping the most vulnerable children and families.
Children and family hubs in Medway
Our hubs are based across Medway.
- Chatham - 01634 338 833
- Gillingham - 01634 338 877
- Strood - 01634 335 533
- Wayfield and Rainham - 01634 337 733
Children and family sessions
We have now returned to face-to-face sessions.
Health support at hubs
When your pregnancy is confirmed, you'll be given an appointment with a midwife.
Midwives provide antenatal and postnatal support including early bird and active birth sessions.
Contact the midwives office
- Rainham and Gillingham: 01634 382 108
- Chatham: 01634 337 470
- Strood: 01634 717 755
- 24 hours: 01634 825 277
- Delivery suite: 01634 825 278
- Antenatal clinic: 01634 825 111
Find out more about pregnancy on NHS.UK.
Health visitors work in the community. Their role is to improve the health and wellbeing of families and children in the first few years of life.
They may offer advice about health, immunisations, screening and reviews. This is to help parents prevent childhood illnesses.
Contact the Health Visiting Team
Health Visiting Team (MCH) general enquiries – 0300 123 3444
You can talk to a member of our team to see what support is available for your family. We can support you with parenting, getting a health visitor or midwife, child development and play. We can also help you find help from other services in the area.