Claim Housing Benefit
Housing Benefit can help you pay for part or all your rent.
You could get Housing Benefit if you:
- pay rent
- are on a low income or claiming benefits
- have savings below £16,000.
You can apply if you’re unemployed or working. If you live with a partner, only one of you can get Housing Benefit.
Who can apply for Housing Benefit
We can only accept new claims for Housing Benefit from:
- pensioners (if you are in a couple, both members need to have reached state pension age)
- people in specified accommodation
- people placed in temporary accommodation by Medway Council.
If you're not eligible to claim housing benefit, you may be able to claim Universal Credit to help with your housing.
If you think you're no longer eligible for Housing Benefit, you can update your Housing Benefit details.
If you need help to pay your Council Tax, you can apply to the Council Tax Reduction scheme.