Claim Council Tax Reduction

If you’re on a low income, you may be eligible for a Council Tax reduction to reduce your Council Tax bill.

To claim a Council Tax Reduction you must:

  • be 18 or older
  • have a low income
  • have under £16,000 in savings and capital (unless in receipt of Pension Credit)
  • be treated as liable for Council Tax for the property you live in
  • not be a full-time student or treated as a person from abroad.

What you'll need

To calculate Council Tax Reduction, we’ll ask for:

  • proof of identity
  • income and savings
  • household circumstances.

Apply for a Council Tax reduction

Other reductions

You may also be eligible for a reduction or exemption if you:

View disregards and other Council Tax reductions