Claim Council Tax Reduction
If you’re on a low income, you may be eligible for a Council Tax reduction to reduce your Council Tax bill.
To claim a Council Tax Reduction you must:
- be 18 or older
- have a low income
- have under £16,000 in savings and capital (unless in receipt of Pension Credit)
- be treated as liable for Council Tax for the property you live in
- not be a full-time student or treated as a person from abroad.
What you'll need
To calculate Council Tax Reduction, we’ll ask for:
- proof of identity
- income and savings
- household circumstances.
You may also be eligible for a reduction or exemption if you:
- live alone
- or someone you live with is a student
- or someone you live with is disabled, a carer or care worker
- have an empty property.