Claim Housing Benefit
Housing Benefit can help you pay for part or all of your rent.
You could get Housing Benefit if you:
- pay rent
- are on a low income or claiming benefits
- have savings below £16,000
You can apply if you’re unemployed or working. If you live with a partner, only one of you can get Housing Benefit.
Who can apply for Housing Benefit
From 30 May we will only accept new Housing Benefit claims from:
- people in specified accommodation
- people who have more than 2 children
- people placed in temporary accommodation by Medway Council