Book a collection
Before you book
It's important to remember that we:
- cannot carry items up or down steps
- cannot collect items with parts constructed of glass
- cannot go into your home to collect items
- cannot refund costs for items that were not present at the collection time or that were disposed of another way
- only collect items from homes, not businesses
- only collect items Monday to Friday
- only collect the items you tell us about during your booking
- will not collect alternative items unless advised by 4pm on the weekday before the original collection was booked for.
It's also important to remember that:
- bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by 4pm the weekday before your booking to allow us to process the collection. Phone us no later than 3.30pm to finish the booking in time for the 4pm deadline
- fridges and freezers must be empty of any food or drink or they will not be collected
- items must be left at your usual waste collection point by 7am on the day of collection
- items must be placed at ground level
- metal and non-metal items are collected by different vehicles, possibly at different
times during the day
- you should present bulky waste outside your bin store, if you live in flats, for access reasons
- you select the correct version of your item if it contains metal.
Make a booking
You can book a bulky collection using our online form. You'll need to:
- tell us your details, including name and address
- tell us the items to be collected
- pay for the collection using a debit or credit card.
This is a new service
Our bulky collection form has been updated to make it easier for you to book a collection.
We're currently monitoring its performance.
You can also book a collection by phoning 01634 333 333.
Our phone line is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please phone us no later than 3.30pm to finish the booking in time for the 4pm deadline.
On the collection day
Metal and non-metal items are collected by different vehicles possibly at different
Only notify us of missed collections if items remain uncollected at 3pm on your