Bulky collection cost
If your item is too bulky to fit into a normal rubbish bin and is heavier than 25kg, you can pay us to collect it. We can collect up to 3 items per booking.
The current costs are:
- £22 for the same day as your usual bin collection
- £40 for a different day to your usual bin collection.
Only 3 bookings per home can be accepted for any one collection day. If you make more than 3 bookings, any items from those bookings will not be collected and you will still be charged.
Assisted bookings and coronavirus (COVID-19)
Due to COVID-19, we are unable to enter a property to collect an assisted bulky waste booking. Items can only be collected at the kerbside.
What you need to know
It's important to remember that:
- we only collect items from homes, not businesses
- we cannot collect items with parts constructed of glass
- we cannot go into your home to collect items
- we only collect items Monday to Friday
- items must be left at your usual waste collection point by 7am on the day of collection
- items must be placed at ground level
- we cannot carry items up or down steps
- bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by 4pm the weekday before your booking to allow us to process the collection - phone us no later than 3.30pm to finish the booking in time for the 4pm deadline
- fridges and freezers must be empty of any food or drink or they will not be collected
- we’ll only collect the items you tell us about during your booking
- we cannot refund costs for items that were not present at the collection time or if they were disposed of another way
- we will not collect alternative items unless advised by 4pm on the weekday before the original collection was booked for
- make sure you select the correct version of your item if it contains metal
- residents in flats should present bulky waste outside the bin store for access reasons
How to book
To book your bulky collection, make sure you click the final 'submit' button after giving your payment details.
You can also book a collection by phoning 01634 333 333.
Our phone line is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please phone us no later than 3.30pm to finish the booking in time for the 4pm deadline.
Metal and non-metal items are collected by different vehicles possibly at different
Only notify us of missed collections if items remain uncollected at 3pm on your
Change or cancel a booking
To change or cancel your collection date or the items to be collected phone 01634 333 333. Our phone line is open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 4pm.
You must change or cancel a collection by 4pm the weekday before your items are due to be collected. If you do not do this, you will not be refunded.
We cannot refund costs for items not presented for collection at the time of visit or if they were disposed by other means