Offers for school places
All primary, infant and junior school offers go out on Thursday 16 April 2020.
On your offer each school you have applied for will be given a status.
- Place offered - your child has been offered a place at this school
- Not offered - this school has not been offered. This school was named as a higher preference on your application form than the school that was offered
- Declined - your child has not been offered a place at this school because one of your higher preferences has been offered
How you’ll get your offer
You’ll get your offer:
- by email after 4pm on Thursday 16 April 2020 if you apply online
- by post if you applied by paper. It’ll be posted on Thursday 16 April 2020 so you will get it after this date
- from your own local authority if you live outside of Medway, even if the offer is for a Medway school
We cannot guarantee that your child will get a place at one of the schools named on your application.
Accepting or refusing a place
Once you get your offer you need to decide if you want to accept or refuse the school place.
More information about what to do next can be found in the next steps guide.
You must accept or refuse your offer by Friday 15 May 2020.
Before accepting or refusing, remember:
- we advise you to accept the place offered even if you want to go on a waiting list or appeal, as there's no guarantee it will be successful
- an accepted place can always be released later, but a refused place cannot always be offered back
- refusing a school place does not improve your chance on a waiting list or in an appeal
If you’re unhappy with the offer, you can:
- ask us to add your child to the waiting list for the schools you named on your application and any other Medway school
- appeal for any of the schools you named on your application that have not offered your child a place
How we decide what school a child is offered
All school places are offered based on each school's oversubscription criteria.
Naming a school in your application does not guarantee you a place. This will depend on how oversubscribed the school is and the priority of other applicants.
We will try to offer your child a place at one of your highest preferred schools.
The schools you name are not told your order of preference. The order is only known by you and Medway Council for the purpose of offering places only.