Offers for school places
All primary, infant and junior school offers go out on Tuesday 16 April 2024.
How you’ll get your offer
You’ll get your offer:
- by email after 4pm on Tuesday 16 April 2024 if you apply online
- by post if you applied by paper. It’ll be posted on Tuesday 16 April 2024 so you will get it after this date
- from your own local council if you live outside of Medway, even if the offer is for a Medway school.
We cannot guarantee that your child will get a place at one of the schools named on your application.
Accepting or refusing a place
Once you get your offer you need to decide if you want to accept or refuse the school place.
More information about what to do next can be found in the next steps guide.
You must accept or refuse your offer by Tuesday 14 May 2024 for offers made on 16 April.
For offers made after 16 April, you must accept or refuse within 10 school days.
Before accepting or refusing, remember:
- we advise you to accept the place offered even if you want to go on a waiting list or appeal, as there's no guarantee your appeal/waiting list request will be successful
- an accepted place can always be released later, but a refused place cannot always be offered back
- refusing a school place does not improve your chance on a waiting list or in an appeal.
If you’re unhappy with the offer, you can:
- ask us to add your child to the waiting list for the schools you named on your application and any other Medway school
- appeal for any of the schools you named on your application that have not offered your child a place.
How we decide what school a child is offered
All school places are offered based on each school's oversubscription criteria.
Naming a school in your application does not guarantee you a place. This will depend on how oversubscribed the school is and the priority of other applicants. Each child is ranked against the oversubscription criteria for each school named on their application. We then work out the highest preference your child can be offered a place at (if we can offer you one of the schools you named on your application). The school we offer will depend on how highly your child has ranked for a place at each school you named compared to other children who applied.
If we cannot offer your child one of your preferences, we will allocate the nearest school to your home address with a vacancy.
The schools you name are not told your order of preference. The order is only known by you and Medway Council for the purpose of offering places only.