We will only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for business purposes or if we are required to keep it by law.
You can ask to see what data we hold about you and ask to be sent a copy. This is called a Subject Access Request. To submit a subject access request please email: email@example.com
Until 24 May 2018, there will be a £10 charge for a Subject Access Request. From 25 May 2018 onwards, they will be free of charge unless there is a lot of work or a lot of photocopying and postage, which we are allowed to charge a reasonable fee for.
You can also ask us to:
- correct your data if you think it is wrong;
- stop using your data if you think we no longer should be using it
- stop using your data if you think it is wrong, until it’s put right
- ask that no automated processing (‘Computer says no!’) takes place with your data
- ask for any automated portable electronic data file we hold on you to be sent to another organisation; or
- consider any complaint you have about how we have used your data
Requests for information or complaints
If you wish to ask us anything about data protection, want to ask for a copy of your data, or you have a complaint about how we have used or looked after your data, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Information Governance Team
If you are ever unhappy with how the council has answered your complaint, you can then contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, at: