How to apply

You can apply online for permission to carry out work on a protected tree on the Planning Portal.

To apply online enter your postcode and select ‘Tree works: Trees in conservation areas/subject to TPOs’.

Apply for permission for works to trees online

If you cannot apply online, you can print an application form and post it to: The Planning Service, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR.

Complete an application form for works to trees

If you need help with your application view our guidance on applications for tree works.