Supported housing

We commission a number of housing related support services which provide supported housing if you are experiencing homelessness and if you struggle to live alone. 

Supported housing is often in shared accommodation, which is managed by service staff that will be around to help you. 

You may be able to live in supported housing if you are:

  • homeless or at risk of homelessness
  • fleeing domestic abuse
  • a vulnerable young person
  • an ex-offender.

The aim of the service is to support you to maintain your accommodation by assessing your needs and risks, and providing an agreed programme of support in a safe and stable environment. This is to help prepare you to move on and boost your independence. 

The maximum length of stay in supported housing is 18 months. During your stay, help is provided with accessing other services as appropriate, such as:

  • health related services
  • welfare benefits
  • education
  • employment
  • social care. 

There is also a Floating Support Service available which can provide advice and support to you in your current home.

The housing related support services commissioned by us do not provide any care services such as help with washing, shopping or cooking, and are different from Supported or Assisted Living schemes. 

For advice and information on care services please visit our Social Care and Health pages.

Report a concern about supported housing

If you're unhappy with the quality of the accommodation or support you have received from your supported housing provider or landlord, you can use our online form to raise any concerns. 

Report a concern about supported housing

Register supported housing

If you're a new or existing supported housing provider looking to provide supported accommodation, you can use our online form to tell us more about your provisions.

Register supported housing

More information

For more information about supported housing, please contact us at