Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
From 19 July 2021, the guidance for funerals will change.
Read the latest GOV.UK guidance on funerals.
Annual remembrance service
This year we are unable to host our annual remembrance service, which is usually on the
About the crematorium
The Medway Crematorium has served the people of Medway and the surrounding areas since 1959. It is owned and managed by Medway Council, and we are committed to maintaining and improving the facilities to make sure they benefit everyone who visits.
It sits on 14 acres of beautiful grounds of mixed woodland, shrub beds, formal planting and grass beneath large and stately trees.
The crematorium building and its grounds have benefited from lots of improvements:
- increased capacity was provided for both chapels in 2015
- 3 new cremators with state of the art emissions monitoring and filtration equipment were installed in 2018
- installation of new monitors and cameras to provide visual tributes and webcasting during
Robin Hood Lane
Blue Bell Hill
- Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
- Friday: 9am to 4.30pm
1 March to 31 October:
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
- Saturday: 10am to 6pm
- Sunday: 11am to 5pm
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 4pm
- Saturday: 10am to 4pm
- Sunday: 11am to 4pm
Bank holidays and public holidays: 11am to 4pm
Bus 142 from Chatham comes into Blue Bell Hill Village, then it’s a 10 minute walk (half a mile in distance).
The closest train station is Chatham or Rochester. But you would need to take a taxi as the journey to the crematorium is a 15 to 20 minute drive from these stations.
There is a free car park at the crematorium with a number of disabled bays.
There are toilets outside both chapels and a public toilet inside the office reception.
Rules and guidance for visitors
To be respectful to our visitors please:
- dispose of any litter
- do not disturb any mourners or services
- only walk on the grass and clearly marked paths
- be careful not to damage plants, buildings or memorials
- only bring special assistance dogs and no other pet or animal
- do not offer or advertise any goods without written council permission
- do not pin or fix items to any trees or bury items as these will be removed.
See also our guidance on flowers and tributes.