Find out your care needs

You may be able to get adult social care if you need some extra care or support. To get social care you will need to complete a social care assessment to find out what your care needs are and what support you could get.

During the social care assessment we will:

  • identify what needs to change
  • check if you could be eligible for financial support to pay towards your care through a financial assessment
  • find the best way that your needs can be met

How to get a social care assessment

To get a social care assessment email us on or call 01634 334 466.

If you’re in hospital

If you are in hospital, you can get your social care needs assessed while you are there by asking to speak to your hospital social worker about support when you return home.

You can also get support from:

  • the British Red Cross who can give you up to 2 weeks of care and support when you first get home from hospital
  • reablement care which can help you relearn your everyday skills, mobility and independence. Call 01634 334 466 for an assessment
  • a care home if you think you can no longer manage at home

After your social care assessment

After a social care assessment, a decision will be made about if you meet the national eligibility criteria and need social care.

If you need social care, a support plan will be created for you as to how your needs will be met and who will support you. This could be changes to your home to make it more accessible, or someone coming to your home to help you out during the week.

We will then arrange to do a financial assessment to see if you will need to fund this care yourself, if you'll be partly funded or if your care will be paid for you.