Support services for carers
Carer’s FIRST supports carers living in Medway by providing information, advice and guidance. Caring for someone can be a rewarding experience, but it can be difficult without the right support. If you’re struggling you can talk to someone and discuss what support you may need.
Carer’s FIRST offers support with:
- conversations with people including GPs, social services and hospitals
- opportunities to access practical training to help you with your care role such as first aid
- your household income by checking your eligibility for benefits and financial support
- support groups and activities to meet others in a similar situation
- by contacting our Carers Hub phone line, website, monthly e-bulletins and "What's On" guides
- applications for the Kent & Medway Carers Emergency Card
- opportunities for carers to get involved in helping develop and improve services for carers
You can contact Carers FIRST Monday to Thursday from 9am to 5pm and Fridays from 9am to 4.30pm by phoning 0300 303 1555 or emailing email@example.com.
Carer’s Emergency Card
The Carer’s Emergency Card gives immediate access to pre-arranged planned care. This gives carers confidence that the person would be looked after if they were taken ill or involved in an accident.
Carers are given the emergency card and carry it at all times so it can be used as identification in an accident or sudden illness.
In an emergency, anyone can phone the number on the card and quote the unique registration number printed on the card. The call is received by Kent County Council’s 24 hour contact centre who can use the registration number to access the carer's pre-arranged emergency plan and put it into action.