Support for young carers
If you’re under 18 and are caring for a parent or a relative that has a disability you are classed as a young carer.
Young carers may be doing tasks that they should not be facing alone and that could interrupt their school life and childhood experience.
These tasks could include:
- helping with washing, bathing, going to the toilet, dressing or feeding
- help getting about or lifting
- giving support in a crisis or whenever it is needed
- shopping, running errands or helping with money
- keeping an eye on someone to keep them safe
If you are a young carer, you could get support from us including:
- a young carers assessment
- practical help at home
- day care
- respite care
If you would like some extra support or advice, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01634 334 466.
Carers FIRST provide the young carers service in Medway as part of the Better Together consortium.
The Better Together consortium is a collaboration that provides advice, guidance and support to Medway carers, residents and voluntary sector organisations.