About ceremony venue licences

If you want to hold non-religious civil weddings and civil partnerships at your venue, you'll need to apply to become a licensed venue. 

Once you have become a licensed venue, you'll be able to hold same sex marriages, opposite sex marriages and civil partnerships.

Your venue will also be listed on our ceremony venues page.

Religious venues

If you would like to hold ceremonies in a religious venue, it must be registered as a place of meeting for religious worship.

Find out more about religious venues.

Ceremony venue licences

A ceremony venue licence is valid for 5 years.

It costs £1,900 to apply for or renew a licence.